List posts or “listicles” are the most commonly shared posts. The list heading would be “5 Ways to …”, or “6 Reason why …”, or “The 4 Uniqueness of …”. It is my belief that consumers like the organization inherent within a list. We use lists everyday from shopping lists to “to-do” lists.
Here are five reason why listicles increase what is shared.
- They are part of our life.
- They are simple and straightforward.
- Bullitt points attract our attention.
- We have the option of reading more detail if we are interested.
- They help us to skim an article.
So if you want a post shared, consider a listicle.
This insight was taken from The Social Media Examiner