Agency59 Response is seeking a Full Stack Web Developer for a permanent position working in our Toronto office.
Who are we? We’re a mid-size, mid-town shop with some of the best brands you could hope to work on. We’re searching high and low for just the right Web Developer. We’re passionate about driving results in smart new ways.
Who are you? You have graduated from a post-secondary web development program with two to five years’ experience. You are task oriented, love attention to detail, and prepared for the challenges of learning new technologies. You are obsessed about making a difference on every project.
- Program HTML microsites, landing pages, and emails
- Develop WordPress, Joomla and other CMS based websites
- Administer content for existing web sites using various CMS
- Program for mobile web and email
- Work within various email deployment applications
- Configure, maintain and report Google Analytics for multiple sites
- Quality assurance and web site testing
Skills and Qualifications:
Candidate must possess the following:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of accessibility issues
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience working with WordPress and/or other CMS based websites
- Experience developing for email, including mobile email and working with email deployment tools such as Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp and Exact Target
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Understanding of French an asset
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Scott Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted between November 8 and 11.